Saturday 20 July 2013

Kickin' Rad Adventure Time Heels For Awesome People

After a little bit of a slow start, Hysterical Enterprise has pulled it's finger out and come up with perhaps the coolest pair of shoes that have ever graced my feet.



Adventure time, c'mon, grab your friends.
We'll go to very distant lands, with your brand new, awesome, kickin' rad Adventure Time high heels!

I have to say I am distraught to be selling these shoes on, I think that are lovely. But as they say, the best gift is one you are naughtily tempted to keep for yourself. (Love to my housemate, Edmund for taking these pictures. It's hard to take pictures of your own feet!)

They were fairly straight forward to make and there is a fine tutorial incoming...






Currently, resting on the work table is a new pair of platforms to be done over in a similarly outlandish, comic book style. What I have to play with is another Adventure Time comic, and a copy of the My Little Pony comic. Construction has not yet begun so if you have any preferences do let me know.





In the mean time much preparation has been done on behalf of the development team here at H.E. for future activities. Izzy has been working on the costuming of Empire, also making sure all her swords haven't gone AWOL. Kraig has been preparing for the Manchester MCM Expo. It seems dressing up and mucking about is becoming our MO.

Things I'm... Drinking 
Naked Smoothies
I am utterly loving Naked smoothies. They are on the cheap at our local supermarket so I'm drinking them more and more. They boast a pound of fruit in every bottle, but despite the obvious health claims, they taste great. My favourite is the Green Machine! Don't be put off by the colour, this little beast packs a wicked tangy/sweet punch.

Things I'm... Playing
Don't Starve
Since it rolled into beta I have been in love with this game. I utterly missed the Minecraft boat, but the art style, soundtrack and overall atmosphere of Don't Starve seems very different. It is a bleak, survival game where you use the land around you to preserve your life and limb. The world is effed up and life is harsh. But it's an addictive game and very immersive.



As a side note, a good friend of mine is posting a regular let's play of this game, which is a blind run, and very funny. If you're interested in a first look then give it a go...
                      

Things I'm... Watching
Pacific Rim



I only recently came away from watching Pacific Rim. Not only did I think it was one of the best films I've seen in years. It was a beautiful, well thought out movie of pure awesome. The acting felt real, special mention to Idris Elba for one of the best representations of a non-evil British man on film.


Random Snaps:




See you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment